Friday, October 11, 2013

Work in Progress

I am working on new clutches, intending to have them ready for the Studio Tour in a couple of weeks.  I listed one on Etsy the other day, rainbow stripes on a white background.  It seemed to make sense to have a rainbow on white one, as I'd already made some rainbow on black. 



I am also re-working the scarves, I think they work better opened up, rather than sewn in the round as 'tubes'. 

Lastly, I have been using up my accumulated small scraps of silk that I can't use in the clutches/butterflies, i started free-motion stitching them down onto a tear-away stabilizer, intending to use the results as bookmarks and on cards, but I like it so much, I've cut a couple of larger pieces from it, and will be making 'patchwork' clutches from those pieces, and using the rest as originally planned. 




No comments:

Post a Comment