Sunday, June 27, 2010

Today

I think I was wanting a nap before I got up this morning.  Maybe it's the weather?

I've completed the two paintings I showed bits of earlier and am working on a few more that got started months ago then put away.  This one in particular is giving me issues.  I was sick of seeing it the other day and nearly gessoed over it.  However with some persuasion I kept going.  I'm still not happy with it.  It needs some kind of contrasting element, but I can't figure out what.

I think the small format is part of the problem I have with these sometimes.  Larger ones, whilst more scary to start, give you a little room to fudge the composition and so on, but with these little ones (most of these are 8" by 10", some 11" by 14") it's less scary starting out but they don't allow as much 'space' on the canvas to mess up the positions of things, balance the colours, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment